Thoughts from Mick

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

First Post!

I figured that I should start a blog so I can ignore it as much as I ignore my website at huisking.org.

I just finished writing to my cousin Andrea telling her about blogs. She is currently studying in Italy and sends out a frequent newsletter describing her adventures. Since I suggested it, I guess I better get blogging myself.

Cindy, Ryan and I had a very nice Valentines Day. A great dinner, a nice bottle of wine (Ryan had sparkling cider) and a relaxing evening.

Ryan battled the flu last week and is finally feeling better. He woke up on Saturday the 5th and couldn't bend his right knee. I figured that he had slept on it wrong, or twisted it in his blanket. So, I applyed ice and gave him some Advil. Unfortuantely it was a temporary fix. After hobbling around on it Saturday, it was really hurting by Sunday morning. So, I took him to the urgent care at Roseville Hospital. He had an X-Ray which didn't show anything, but while we were waiting, I happened to feel his head -- he was burning up. I caught the attention of a nurse and had his tepmperature checked -- 102. The physicians assistant checked him out some more, but really couldn't find anything wrong. They splinted his leg and gave him some crutches. I had a follow up appointment with his pediatrician on the following Tuesday and she diagnosed the flu.

Ryan missed school all last week. Everytime the Advil wore off, his fever went right back up. Finally, by Friday he was back to about 90%. He still has the nasty cough but is feeling pretty good.

We are all off to Mark and Laura's in Santa Rosa for the weekend. We leave Friday afternoon and come back Sunday. I'm looking foward to visiting a few wineries, and relaxing with Cindy, Mark and Laura. Ryan is excited to see Hannah and Christian.

That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home